International Voices

Holiday Away- Morocco

If you want me to recall an impressive tourist destination, I would say ‘Morocco’ without any hesitations.

Morocco, a country that in the north-west of Africa, the Sahara desert in its south, the Atlantic Ocean to its west, north across the Strait of Gibraltar and Spain. This unique geographical environment makes Morocco win some reputations: ‘the Pearl of Africa’, ‘North Africa Garden’, ‘the cool land under the hot land’.

With my curiosity about the life and food of African, Arabic and Islamic art, my friends and I embarked on a seven-day journey.

Our tour took seven days and explored four cities: Marrakech, Chefchaouen, Asilah and Casablanca.

Marrakech

Marrakech is called the Red City. When I climbed up the roof of a photography museum in the Medina during the sunset period, I saw red walls, halal style architecture and tall green trees echoed with each other, which was stunning and spectacular.

The Majorelle Garden -Arabian Impressionist Garden in tropical regions

Here you can see the blending of blue house and green cacti.

The museum of Marrakech

When we went to the museum, the Islamic art ceramic exhibition was being held. Many pieces of ceramic fell on the ceiling, the use of space and light made the style elegant and impressive.

The Joseph Theological Seminary

There will be surprises when you concerned about its luxury carved and mosaic tiles.

Chefchaouen- blue town 

If you are an ailurophile you must come here. The cats in the blue town are very elegant and love to be photoed. 

Blue is The colour of the artist.

Asilah- white city near the sea

It is a small white town, also it is my favourite city in Morocco.

Casablanca

Hassan ii mosque

The flying time of U.K to Morocco take three and a half hours, it is a perfect place for a week vacation.

When I was back from Morocco, I always missed the landscape, colour of city and art atmosphere.

Morocco is an amazing and magical destination that you always want to come back.

International Student Digital Ambassador

Vanna Wu

Instagram: Vanna__Wu

(If you want to see more travel photos, please follow me 🙂  more surprises would be here)