Accepting an Offer
When we make you an Offer of accommodation, you are given 7 days to decide whether or not you wish to Accept or Reject it.
- If you accept the offer your place in Hall is secured, and you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the contract you have made with the University.
- If you reject the offer, this will close your application for accommodation. If you still require a room you must make a new application, but please be aware that while we will do everything we can, we cannot guarantee that we can make you another offer.
If you do not accept or reject your offer within the 7 days you are given, your offer of accommodation will expire and the place you have been offered will be withdrawn and offered to another student.
How to accept your offer
To accept your offer of accommodation, you should log in to your account and proceed to the Offers and Contracts section. As you follow the instructions, you will be asked to provide the following:
- A Prepayment
If you are a current student or a new Postgraduate student, you will be required to make a prepayment by credit or debit card to secure your room. This prepayment will be refunded to you by a reduction in the final instalment of your Residence Fees. The University will accept payment using most credit or debit cards. It does not accept payment using Diners Club or Maestro or Solo debit cards.
If you are a new Undergraduate student, you will not be required to make a prepayment.
- Payment Details for Residence Fees
The University requires you to submit payment details for your Residence Fees as part of the Acceptance process. To do so, you will need to set up either a Direct Debit or a Recurring Card Payment.
To set up a Direct Debit you will need to submit details of a UK bank account. To set up a Recurring Card Payment you will need to submit details of a credit or debit card. The University will accept payment using most credit or debit cards. Unfortunately, the University is not able to use Diners Club, American Express credit cards or Maestro or Solo debit cards for this facility.
If you can't accept your offer online
Accepting your offer of accommodation online is a quick and easy process, but we understand that some students may not be able to use this facility due to their particular circumstances. If you feel that you will be unable to accept your offer online, please contact us to discuss your situation when your receive your offer and we will advise you on the best way to proceed.
If a sponsor will pay your Residence Fees
If you are a sponsored student, you may still be able to accept your offer online, depending on how your Residence Fees are to be paid.
- If your sponsor will give you money to pay your Residence Fees, then you should still accept your offer online, setting up either a Direct Debit or Recurring Card Payment.
- If your sponsor will pay your Residence Fees directly and will expect an invoice from the University, you will not be able to accept your offer online. In this case, please contact us when you receive your offer and we will advise you on how to proceed.