To be eligible for a scholarship you must:
- be of an ethnic minority background
- have an offer to study on a full time or 2-year part time MSc or MRes programme through one of the following schools: Biological Sciences, Geography and Environmental Science, Health Sciences, Ocean and Earth Science or Psychology
- be eligible for home fees
- be paying your tuition fees yourself
You must not be getting an external scholarship.
You cannot apply if you are studying:
- on a 2-to-5-year MSc programme
- on a PGCert, PGDip or PGR course
- on a distance learning course
- with a partner institution
- as an exchange or partner student
- on study abroad courses
- on a continuous professional development (CPD) course
Deadline to apply
You must apply by 5 July 2024 at 5pm UK time.
We will contact you:
- by 31 July if your application is successful
- after 31 July if your application is not successful
We cannot accept late applications. If your application is successful, you will receive confirmation in writing.
All scholarship offers are final, and scholarships cannot be deferred.
How we award scholarships
This is a competitive process and not all applications will be successful.
There are 4 stages to the shortlisting process:
1. We first check that you meet the eligibility criteria.
2. We then score and rank the supporting statement in your scholarship application.
3. We shortlist candidates, aiming to ensure awards across the breadth of our disciplines.
4. A scholarship panel will make the final selection of 15 scholarship recipients.
The decision of the scholarship panel is final.
Conditions of getting the scholarship
Find out the conditions of getting a scholarship.
How to apply
To apply for the scholarship, you must complete and submit the online application form.
Please ensure that you have applied separately for a place on your programme.
For more information or help, email admissionsPGT.ELS@southampton.ac.uk.