The University of Southampton has a partnership with Xiamen University. Each year we offer several fully-funded PhD scholarships to students from Xiamen University.
This scholarship is for postgraduate PhD study and covers full tuition fee costs for each year of your PhD programme.
- currently be completing your bachelor’s studies at Xiamen University
- successfully apply for a scholarship for living costs from the Chinese Scholarship Council or another source
- have either an offer of a PhD place or have confirmation of support from a potential supervisor and made an application
How to apply
We recommend you apply before the end of December.
2. Contact the Faculty PhD Admissions team to discuss a suitable project or potential supervisor for the research topic, and any deadline for applications.
3. Make a PhD application to the University of Southampton using the online postgraduate application form, including appropriate documents and a research proposal, if required.
4. Apply to the Talent Service Office at Xiamen University.
We will review all the nominations and select final candidates. Xiamen University will nominate suitable candidates for CSC scholarships.
Your scholarship will be confirmed when you can demonstrate you have secured funding for your living costs from the CSC or another funding organisation.
To discuss this scholarship, you can contact:
Mr Weiwei Ye
Talent Service Office, Human Resources Office, Xiamen University
International Office, University of Southampton