The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) provides these scholarships jointly with UK universities to support world-class research and are funded by the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO).
They are for high-quality graduates who have the potential to undertake world-class research of a developmental nature and to become influential leaders, teachers, or researchers in their home country.
This scholarship is for full time PhD study starting in January or February 2024.
- your tuition fees
- return travel costs
- a monthly stipend
- an allowances package
Candidates will be chosen based on:
- their potential to impact the development of their home country
- academic merit
- the quality of research proposal
- be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible commonwealth country and live there permanently
- be available to start your academic studies by January or February 2024
- be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- provide all supporting documentation in the required format
You must also hold either a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard or a second class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a master’s degree) by September 2022.
This scholarship is for study across a range of subject areas. It is offered to students whose studies fall under one of these themes:
- science and technology for development
- strengthening health systems and capacity
- promoting global prosperity
- strengthening global peace, security and governance
- strengthening resilience and response to crises
- access, inclusion and opportunity
- Antigua and Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Brunei Darussalam
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
Deadline for applying
1 September 2023 at 16:00 UK time.