Getting your scholarship
To get your scholarship, you must:
- meet all conditions attached to your offer
- enrol as a full-time student by the start date
- provide evidence of where you live and qualifications at enrolment
- pay all outstanding tuition fees by University deadlines, where needed
- not have more than one scholarship from the University of Southampton - if you are eligible for multiple scholarships, you will get the scholarship with the highest value
You cannot defer your scholarship if you defer your studies.
What you agree to when you accept a scholarship
By accepting a scholarship, you agree to:
- act as a good ambassador for the University of Southampton
- take part in events or promotional activities
What you will get
Successful applicants will receive the award as a tuition fee discount.
If the amount we award is more than your tuition fees, the tuition fees will be covered in full. You will not get any additional funding.
No cash alternative is available and the award cannot be used in place of any required deposit.
The tuition fee discount will be taken off the full invoice at the start of each academic year. If you withdraw or are suspended from a course before completion, entitlement to the fee waiver will be applied in line with the refund policy.
Conditions specific to scholarship awards for all years of study
Undergraduate scholarships will be awarded for all years of undergraduate study subject to standard progression throughout the course. This applies to the:
- Southampton Presidential International Scholarship
- Southampton Arts and Humanities Global Dean's Talent Scholarship