Becas Chile is one of the Chilean government’s main student funding schemes. It supports Chileans studying at postgraduate level overseas. It aims to contribute to Chile’s innovation and competitiveness.
This scholarship is for postgraduate study, excluding LLM and MBA degrees. You can apply for funding to study a master’s or PhD course.
This scholarship covers:
- your full tuition fees
- a stipend for living expenses
- return flights
- a stipend for books
- health insurance
- a settling and returning allowance
- up to one year of language study in Chile, if needed
You must have either an unconditional offer from the University of Southampton or an offer conditional on English language.
You must return to Chile after your course finishes.
When you return, you must stay in Santiago for:
- twice the amount of time you spent studying abroad, if you’re a Santiago resident
- the same amount of time you spent studying abroad, if you’re not a Santiago resident