We will only consider applicants who have:
- accepted an offer to study at the Winchester School of Art
- paid the deposit, where required
- be paying your tuition fees yourself
- need to pay the overseas tuition fee
- achieve a 1st in your undergraduate studies or an equivalent qualification
You must not be in receipt of any external scholarship.
You cannot apply if you are studying:
- on PGCert, PGDip, Foundation or PGR courses
- on Distance Learning courses
- with a partner institution
- at our campus in Malaysia
- on Study Abroad courses
- as an exchange or partner student
- on Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses
- only pre-sessional English – pre-sessional English students with an offer to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level can still apply
Deadline to apply
You can apply from 6 March 2023 until 5pm (UK time) on 26 May 2023. We will contact you:
- by 30 June 2023 at the latest if your application is successful
- after 1 July 2023 if your application is not successful
We cannot accept late applications. If your application is successful, you will receive confirmation in writing.
All scholarship offers are final.
How we award scholarships
This is a competitive process and not all applications will be successful.
There are 4 stages to the shortlisting process.
- We check that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- We score and rank the answers you give on your application form.
- We shortlist candidates across all departments to recognise academic excellence in all areas.
- A selection panel, chaired by the Head of School, will decide on who gets the scholarships.
The decision of the scholarship panel is final.
Conditions of getting the scholarship
Find out the conditions of getting a scholarship.
How to apply
In the application form, you will need to provide your personal details and the name of the course you will study. You will also need to answer questions about your:
- academic abilities
- future career ambitions
- genuine need for the scholarship and how this will support your ambition
- willingness to engage with the Southampton community
After applying, you will receive an automated email confirming receipt of your submission.
For more information or for help, email email@example.com.