About the Hardware projects laboratory
The lab offers the facilities and support staff to help carry projects from initial design and testing to a functional prototype. Access to these labs will give you the essential practical experience to translate taught theory in industrial applications into real-world results.
Facilities and equipment
- Design and prototyping suite to accommodate individual and group projects using benches equipped with highly specified test equipment, powerful PCs, and excellent ergonomics
- 86-inch interactive display for design presentations and brainstorming
- High voltage testing area for breakdown, impulse ageing and conductivity testing
- Prototype circuit board (PCB) manufacturing area with tools for complete PCB fabrication, assembly and rework
- Facilities for 3D-printing, laser cutting and moulding technology