About the Hardware projects laboratory
The lab offers the facilities and support staff to help carry projects from initial design and testing to a functional prototype. Access to these labs will give you the essential practical experience to translate taught theory in industrial applications into real-world results.
Facilities and equipment
- Design and prototyping suite to accommodate individual and group projects using benches equipped with highly specified test equipment, powerful PCs, and excellent ergonomics
- 86-inch interactive display for design presentations and brainstorming
- High voltage testing area for breakdown, impulse ageing and conductivity testing
- Prototype circuit board (PCB) manufacturing area with tools for complete PCB fabrication, assembly and rework
- Facilities for 3D-printing, laser cutting and moulding technology
Subjects using this facility
Electrical and electronic engineering
Discover the components and systems that bring electronic devices to life, and learn how electricity is generated, distributed and used at scale. Southampton is the best place in the UK to develop your knowledge in electrical and electronic engineering.