- My research is located in the area of quantitative social/personality psychology. In particular, I conduct research on narcissistic dysfunction in the interpersonal domain.
- I am currently involved in projects investigating:
- the self-presentation of narcissistsnostalgia and narcissismnarcissism and social supportnarcissism and empathynarcissism and mimicrynarcissism and bullyingnarcissism and prosocial behavioursnarcissism and crimenarcissism and parentingnarcissism and consumerismnarcissism and team functioningnarcissism and romantic relationships
Page 1 of 4
Colleen P. Kirk,
& Claire Hart, 2022 , Journal of Business Research , 150 , 374 -- 388
& Claire Hart, 2022 , Computers in Human Behavior , 137
Chris G. Sibley,, 2022 , Personality and Individual Differences , 186 , 1--40
Validity of a revised Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD) trait profile and its relationship with Social Interaction Anxiety and Coping
& Dionysis Seretis, 2022 , Journal of Personality Assessment , 1
& Claire Hart, 2022 , Current Opinion in Psychology , 46 , 1--18
Exploring the differential contribution of boldness, meanness, and disinhibition to explain externalising and internalising behaviours across genders
& Stefan Wust, 2021 , Current Psychology
Coping with global uncertainty: perceptions of COVID-19 psychological distress, relationship quality, and dyadic coping for romantic partners across 27 countries
Claire Hart,, 2021 , Journal of Social and Personal Relationships , 39 (1) , 3--33
Development of an Offline-Friend Addiction Questionnaire (O-FAQ): Are most people really social addicts?
Alice Jones Bartoli,
& Melissa Pavetich, 2020 , Behavior Research Methods
& David De Cremer, 2019 , Self and Identity
Claire M. Hart,
Erica G. Hepper,, 2018
Current PhD Students
PhD in Psychology MF
- PSYC1014: The Psychology of Attractiveness
- Undergraduate, MSc, DEdPsy, DClin, and PhD Supervision.
Dr Claire Hart is an Associate Professor of Social and Personality Psychology at the University of Southampton.
BSc Psychology – University of Southampton (2000)
PhD in Social Psychology – University of Southampton (2005)
Research Fellow – University of Southampton (2005-2009)
Lecturer in Psychology – Southampton Solent University (2009-2010)
Lecturer in Psychology, University of Southampton (2010-2019)
Associate Professor in Psychology, University of Southampton (2019- present)