We work on the theoretical and practical ways to improve treatment and change individuals' behaviours for better health.
We welcome research proposals that investigate new and innovative socio-technical approaches to governing and using health and social care data.
These might, for example, explore ways to:
- automatically manage the misuse or leakage of data across its lifecycle and in AI pipelines
- manage data ownership and rights, track data provenance and enforce consent, contracts and licenses in AI pipelines
- establish protocols for linking electronic health care records with health-related datasets, including those that provide social determinants of health (social media and digital health platforms, for example)
- get communities to help design, implement and evaluate digital health solutions
- understand the challenges of using healthcare and new forms of data to improve healthcare outcomes
If you’re a researcher, policymaker or industry representative and you have a project proposal or need related to this theme, please contact theme lead Mark Weal.