To be eligible for a scholarship you must:
- be of Black or Black-mixed heritage
- first apply for a research postgraduate degree for the 2023 to 2024 academic year through one of the following schools: Biological Sciences, Geography and Environmental Science, Health Sciences, Ocean and Earth Science or Psychology
- be eligible for home fees
- have at least a 2:1 at undergraduate level, or a master's degree with merit or above
- not have already been awarded, or currently be studying for a doctoral degree
Deadline to apply
You must apply by 17 March 2023 for a scholarship for the 2023 to 2024 academic year.
How we award scholarships
This is a competitive process and not all applications will be successful.
We will evaluate you on both your academic qualifications and your aptitude for studying at PhD level, which we assess based on answers to questions in your application, including:
- your motivation for applying for a PhD
- your long-term career aspirations
- how your skills and background are relevant to the PhD
The decision of the scholarship panel is final.
Conditions of getting the scholarship
Find out the conditions of getting a scholarship.
How to apply
For more information or for help, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- Black or Black British – Caribbean
- Black or Black British – African
- Black or Black British – another Black background
- Mixed – white and Black Caribbean
- Mixed – white and Black African
- Mixed – another mixed background that includes Black African, Black Caribbean or another Black background