- Entrepreneurship and strategy
- Occupational choice
- Interdisciplinary approaches
External roles and responsibilities
Dr Tamvada has a PhD from the University of Goettingen and the Max Planck Institute for Economics. For his doctoral thesis on entrepreneurship in developing countries, he was awarded the Otto Hahn Medal of the Max Planck Society and the Inaugural Best Dissertation Award of the Danish Research Unit for Industrial Dynamics (DRUID). He received a Kauffman Foundation Best Paper Award at Academy of Management Meetings 2011, and was nominated twice for Vice Chancellor Awards at Southampton. He has an integrated BSc (Hons) MSc in Mathematics from the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Prashanti Nilayam, India.
Dr Tamvada has supervised ten doctoral students to completion.
- Kauffman Faoundation Best Paper Award, Academy of Management Conference (2011)
- Kauffman Foundation Promising Paper Award (2011)
- Otto-Hahn Medal (2009)
- DRUID Best Dissertation award (2008)