- Entrepreneurship and strategic behaviour of family businesses and SMEs
- Sustainable entrepreneurship
- Social entrepreneurship
- Management teams’ strategic dynamics
- Uncertainty and intuition in entrepreneurial decision-making
External roles and responsibilities
Professor Costanzo holds a PhD from the University of Leeds. She previously worked at the University of Leeds as Research Fellow in Financial Services and the University of Surrey as Lecturer in Strategic Management. She joined the University of Southampton as Associate Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship and was subsequently promoted to Full Professor in Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in 2016.
- Head of Southampton Business School (2020 -).
- Head of Department of Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (2015-2020).
- Director of SBS PhD Programmes (2015-2019).
- ESRC-DTC Management & Business Studies pathway coordinator (2015-2020).
- Member of the SBS Executive Team (2015 -).
- Member of the SBS Small Grant Committee (2015 -).
- Nomination for top 10 Strategic Management Society/McKinsey Best Papers (USA) (2001)
- Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence for Outstanding Paper in JFRC (2007)
- BAM Strategic Foresight SIG Best Paper Award (2008)
- EURAM/SIMA Best International Management SMEs Paper (2017)
- Paul Harris Fellowship (2022)