Dr Son Hoang is a Lecturer in the Cyber-Physical Systems Group (a part of School of Electronics and Computer Science). He was awarded a first class honours degree in Computer Engineering from the University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, Australia in 2001. Subsequently, he studied for a PhD (also at UNSW) and was awarded his PhD in 2006 for his thesis on "The Development of a Probabilistic B-Method and a Supporting Toolkit".
- Formal System Development
- Program Semantics
- Autonomous Systems
Dr Son Hoang is interested in Formal System Development, including developing methods, tools and their application to industrial systems.
- HD-Sec: Holistic Design of Secure Systems on Capability Hardware
- HICLASS: Enabling Development of Complex and Secure Aerospace Systems
- Event-B @ Soton
Current PhD Students
Dr Son Hoang lectures on programming, software engineering and system development. He supervises a number of Undergraduate and MSc projects, and is an Admissions Tutor for the undergraduate Aerospace Electronic Engineering (AEE) degree programme.
- Best paper award at ICECCS 2014 (2014)
- Best paper award at iFM 2007 (2007)