Dr Chao Zheng is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) of Statistics in the School of Mathematical Sciences and the Southampton Statistical Sciences Research Institute (S3RI) at the University of Southampton.
Chao is broadly interested in developing statistical theories, methodologies, and algorithms to solve problems in large-scale and complex data analysis.
Chao's personal webpage can be found at: http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/cz1y20/
- High Dimensional Statistics
- Changepoint Estimation and Localisation
- Machine Learning Theory and Applications
- Complex Data Analysis
Chao is broadly interested in developing statistical theory, methodology and algorithm to solve problems in large-scale and complex data analysis. Some of my past and current research topics include:
- Changepoint detection
- High dimensional inference
- Model selection
- Locally stationary time series
Applications from prospective PhD students interested in working on high-dimensional data analysis or machine learning theory/applications are welcome.
Chao has taught on the following modules in 2021-2022:
MATH6173/6166 Statistical Computing
MATH3091 Statistical Modelling II
- Lecturer of Statistics, University of Southampton, 2020-
- Postdoc, StatScale programme, Lancaster University, 2017-2020
- PhD in Statistics, University of Melbourne, Australia, 2017
- BSc in Mathematics, Peking University, China, 2013