About the course
This is an advanced level course for powerboat drivers who already have some intermediate level skills, knowledge and experience. To join this course you must:
- be competent to the standard of the RYA Intermediate Powerboat certificate
- have a thorough knowledge of navigation and chart work, to the level of Coastal Skipper/RYA Yachtmaster certificate
- be 12 or over (under-16s must have an adult on the course with them)
- complete the medical consent form
We also strongly recommended that you hold current first aid and VHF/SRC operator's certificates.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to safely plan and execute coastal trips and return to a familiar port by night.
Advanced Powerboat courses are run on a maximum ratio of 1 instructor to 3 students.
What to bring with you
- warm clothing
- comfortable closed-toe shoes
- lunch and snacks
- water bottle
- sunscreen and sunglasses
- head torch
- your powerboat logbook
- Coastal Skipper and RYA Yachtmaster theory certificate
What we provide
- boats (6.5 metre Gemini RIBS)
- life jackets
- waterproof jackets and trousers