About the course
This classroom-based course is aimed at candidates for the Coastal Skipper practical course and Yachtmaster Offshore exam.
During the course you’ll cover:
- revision of the Day Skipper Shorebased course
- position fixing, course shaping and plotting
- tidal knowledge
- use of almanacs and admiralty publications
- electronic position finding equipment
- taking and interpreting forecasts
- plotting weather systems
- weather predictions using a barometer
Knowledge to the level of Day Skipper Shorebased course.