About the course
Our one-day course covers all the usual first aid subjects, but from a boating perspective. It is aimed at anyone who goes afloat, whether on inland waters, rivers, estuaries or on cross channel passages.
This course is MCA approved and satisfies the requirements for Coastal Skipper Yachtmaster and Advanced Powerboat certificates of competence and some commercial work afloat.
On the course you’ll cover:
- the recovery position in a confined space
- CPR, including the drowning protocol
- cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
- seasickness and dehydration
- medical assistance or advice by VHF
- helicopter rescue
This course is suitable for those with no previous experience.