- The impact of the environmental crisis on welfare states
- Eco-social policy developments - theory and empirical evaluations
- Energy/fuel poverty in the UK and EU
- Working-time reduction as an eco-social policy
- Carbon taxation and fairness
I am currently working on issues following up the arguments made in the following publications:
Bridgen, P. (2023) An eco-social solution to energy poverty? Substance and symbolism in England’s use of domestic energy efficiency policy to achieve social and environmental synergies, 1997-2023, European Journal of Social Security, forthcoming
Bridgen, P. and Robinson, C. (2023) A decade of fuel poverty in England: A spatio-temporal analysis of needs-based targeting of domestic energy efficiency obligations Energy Research and Social Science
Bridgen, P. and Büchs, M. (2023) The Climate Crisis and Taxation. In: A. Lymer, M. May, and A. Sinfield (eds) Taxation and Social Policy, Bristol: Policy Press.
Nenning, L., Bridgen, P., Büchs, M., Mesiaislehto, M. and Zimmermann, K (2023) Climate crisis and social protection - from worker protection to postgrowth transformation? Social Policy and Society, forthcoming.