Head of Gerontology, Director of the Centre for Research on Ageing, Doctoral Programme Director Gerontology, Departmental PGR Director, Departmental Research Director, Professor of Gerontology, Co-Director ESRC Centre for Population Change, and Co-Director ESRC Connecting Generations
- Inequalities in later life, particularly inequalities in the incomes of older people, equity in health and social care, and inequalities amongst ethnic elders in the UK
- Informal carers, paid employment and resources
- The retirement prospects of future generations of elders, particularly the building and use of different types of policy tools for modelling income, pensions, health, incapacity, demand and supply of formal and informal care amongst older people in the future
- A unifying theme throughout much of my research is the use of a dynamic, life course perspective.
- Ageing across the lifecourse
- Global ageing
- Long-Term Care