The aims of the module are:
- To provide students with the opportunity to improve their understanding of web application development, and cloud computing systems.
- To cover important techniques and issues in designing and building a modern web application.
- To acquaint with development methods and patterns which enhance maintainability and scalability of modern web applications.
- To familiarise students with relevant web development frameworks, and tools that assist developers in delivering effective solutions.
- To gain knowledge and understanding of cloud computing systems and their different applications and advantages.
- To familiarise students with the foundation of designing and implementing a cloud-based application.
Knowledge and understanding of standards such as HTML5 and CSS3 would be useful. Familiarity with Internet networking and security, for example, familiarity with HTTPS also would be helpful.
Students who have some minor gaps in their background knowledge will be given directed reading to help them catch up.
As a part of this module, you are expected to work in a group to develop a modern web application.