In this module you will learn about a variety of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SENDs). You will look at the impact of various SENDs on a child's education and progress. The module focusses mainly on the following aspects of Special Educational Needs:
- Developing a general understanding of various SENDs.
- Different Educational settings - including Mainstream and Special Schools
- Policy and provision for students with SEND
- The models of disability
- The views of Teachers, Students and other Professionals who work with children with SENDs.
- Diversity and human rights
- International perspectives on students with SEND and their inclusion