You will initially develop a project proposal before gaining the governance approval required to conduct the project. You will then undertake the project during your final placement.
Aims and Objectives
Having successfully completed this module you will be able to:
- Work with a supervisor to design, plan and undertake a research project to test a hypothesis from conception to completion/archiving in accordance with ethical and research governance regulations, drawing on expert advice where necessary and involving patients and service users.
- Demonstrate an ability to present and disseminate information in a succinct, informative and sufficiently-detailed manner.
- Discuss the range of research undertaken in health and healthcare science and how these are applied in the specialism in which the student is based.
- Describe the ethical and governance approval processes required to undertake the planned research project.
- Analyse the data using appropriate methods and statistical techniques and interpret, critically discuss and draw conclusions from the data.
- Undertake an evidence-based literature review, critically appraise the output, draw appropriate conclusions.
This module will build on your knowledge and skills from the Research Methods module, allowing you to carry out and disseminate your project.
Learning and Teaching
Teaching and learning methods
This module involves mainly independent study, but throughout you will be supported by your supervisors and, whilst developing your protocol, a number of formal, taught sessions.
|Total study time||375|
Resources & Reading list
Pranee Liamputtong. Research Methods in Health: Foundations for Evidence-based Practice.
Dawn-Marie Walker. An Introduction to Health Services Research.
Ann Bowling. Research Methods in Health.
This is how we’ll give you feedback as you are learning. It is not a formal test or exam.Project Protocol
This is how we’ll formally assess what you have learned in this module.
This is how we’ll assess you if you don’t meet the criteria to pass this module.
Repeat type: External