Level of study (NQF Levels 1-4)
This course provides an excellent opportunity for people who wish to gain experience in teaching. Some of the aims of the scheme are:
- To develop a range of students' skills and to offer an early taste of teaching to those interested in pursuing it as a career.
- To help students gain confidence in communicating their subject, develop strong organisational and interpersonal skills, and understand how to address the needs of individual learners.
- To give students experience of devising and developing projects and using teaching methods appropriate to engaging the relevant pupil age group and ability they are working with.
- To help inspire a new generation of prospective undergraduates by providing role models for school pupils.
- To help students convey the excitement of their own learning at University to pupils by showing them the long-term applications of school studies.
- To help teachers by providing an assistant who can work with and support pupils at various point on the ability spectrum.
For further information, and details of enrolment please contact the Public Engagement Leader for Physics & Astronomy, Pearl John (email email@example.com).
Pre-requisites: PHYS2001 AND PHYS2003 AND PHYS2006 AND PHYS2023 AND PHYS2024