What you’ll get from a subject talk
Online subject talks usually last from 60 to 90 minutes. You should think about attending one if you want to:
- hear from an academic expert about the subject you’re interested in
- hear from current students about their experience of the course
- find out more about how we teach your subject
- learn about the facilities you’ll use, and any special course features
- discover what careers you could go into with a degree in your chosen subject
- ask questions about the course
How to join a talk
On the day of your talk, you’ll get an email and a text alert containing a link to the talk. You can join from the email or the text message.
We use Microsoft Teams Live to host the live talks. You don't need a Teams account, but if you're using your mobile, allow time to download the Teams app.
When you join the live session, no one will be able to see or hear you. No one knows when you join or leave, so don't worry if you're a few minutes late or need to leave before the end.
How to ask questions
You can submit questions anonymously in the live event Q&A chat.
If you have any problems joining a session, email our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to access subject talk recordings afterwards
You’ll get access to recordings of all online subject talks, whether you attended them or not, in an email after the event.