Ashot Minasyan is a Pure Mathematician working in the field of Group Theory. His personal webpage is http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/am4x07.
- Word Hyperbolic, Relatively Hyperbolic and Acylindrically Hyperbolic Groups
- Small Cancellation Theory
- Profinite Topology on Groups
Current PhD Students
Ashot Minasyan taught a variety of undergraduate courses. These include Linear Algebra I for 1st year students, Geometry and Topology for 2nd year students, Hyperbolic Geometry and Complex Function Theory for 4th year students.
Ashot Minasyan obtained his MSc degree in Pure and Applied Mathematics from the Moscow State Lomonosov University in 2000. He completed his PhD studies at Vanderbilt University under the supervision of A. Olshanskii in 2005. He held a post-doctoral position in the University of Geneva for 3 years from 2005, and in 2008 he became a lecturer in the University of Southampton. He was promoted to an Associate Professor in 2016.
- Emil Artin Junior Prize in Mathematics (2007)
- Bjarni Jónsson Prize (2005)