Dr Xu Zhang is a Senior Research fellow of the Computational Engineering & Design Group (CEDG) within the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences (FEPS) at the University of Southampton.
Xu joined Rolls-Royce University Technology Centre (UTC) and CEDG in 2012 after obtaining MSc with Distinction in Computer Science at the University of Warwick and a PhD in Computer Science at the University of Gloucestershire. He has worked on a couple of research projects funded by both industry leader Rolls-Royce and the European Research Framework, including PROMETHEUS, DYNAMO, GEMinIDS, Exhaust, and COLIBRI. Currently, he is working on 3D geometry identification and generation using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques.
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Deep Learning (AI/ML)
- Neural Networks (ANN, CNN, GAN, etc.)
- Optimisation / Algorithms / Software Engineering
- Parametric Geometry Definition / 3D Modelling
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
Current PhD Students
Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Rolls-Royce Defence Pioneering Digital Award (2020)