- Design and modeling hollow core fibers for special applications (polarization maintaining, sensing application, modal control, etc).
- Nonlinear optics: pulse compression and Raman Generation in gas-filled fibers, soliton generation, etc.
- Coherent control on metamaterials
- Fiber-based Optical Devices and Tapers
- Quantum entangled photon generation in silicon
Dr. Seyed Mohammad Abokhamis Mousavi received MSc. in electrical–electronics engineering from Amirkabir university of technology (2008) before moving to Southampton where he received MSc. and Ph.D. degrees from Optoelectronics Research Centre, Southampton, UK (2018). His Ph.D. research has focused on the design and modeling of new hollow core fibers and studying the nonlinear optical effects in the gas-filled hollow core fibers. In 2018, he started a new role as Research Fellow at Optoelectronics Research Centre, where his research focuses on the design and study of new hollow core fibers for special/sensing applications.