Aims and Objectives
Having successfully completed this module you will be able to:
- Demonstrate critical analysis of influences on professional practice or ideology including research, legislation and governance.
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently and autonomously to either create innovative solutions to practice based problems or to subject a contentious health-related topic to critical analysis.
- Demonstrate an extensive knowledge of the current health and social care policy relevant to your selected topic or field of practice and the ability to critically apply this with initiative, and originality, to the development of local services or to your identified focus of study.
- Demonstrate an ability to think strategically as well as operationally and to interpret, analyse and present highly complex data and information related to your identified topic or work-based problem and to critically appraise literature relevant to it.
- Demonstrate critical reflexivity regarding your own development
There is no taught content to the module. Content will be determined at initial learning contract and developed iteratively as the study progresses. It must demonstrate consistency with the applied learning outcomes.
It is anticipated that your independent learning will be spent in some of the following: searching for and accessing relevant academic sources, critically appraising these and applying them to your focus of study, reading generally and widely, discussing with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds, undertaking evaluations of practice, and determining how best to disseminate your findings including facilitating professional conversations or drafting presentations/materials for formal or informal publication.
Learning and Teaching
Teaching and learning methods
|Total study time||500|
Resources & Reading list
Individualised. Resources are individualised to support you in your field of investigation.
This is how we’ll give you feedback as you are learning. It is not a formal test or exam.Negotiation of a learning contract
This is how we’ll formally assess what you have learned in this module.
|Agreed academic assessment||100%|
Repeat type: Internal & External