- Dr Sarchil is a Senior Research Fellow within the WorldPop research group (https://www.worldpop.org) in close collaboration with multiple organizations across the world, whose activities combine research and enterprise. He designs innovative research ideas using big datasets such as remote sensing to improve traditional methods in the application of national population sampling frames for low- and middle-income countries and in agriculture.
- Develop innovative ideas to derive gridded and sensible national sampling frames
- Lead on the preEA Tool development (preEA is a sophisticated tool that is used to create and update digitised census Enumeration Areas (EAs) and national sampling frame automatically) and its application in multiple countries around the world in close collaboration with several UN agencies (e,g. UNFPA, World Bank) and National Statistic Offices
- Land surface phenology estimates using satellite data and its validation with ground data
- Investigate climate change through the impact of natural and anthropogenic factors on vegetation phenology
- Long term monitoring and impact of natural and anthropogenic factors on agricultural productivity in arid and semi-arid regions using Earth Observation Data.