Our research often involves the application of new methodological approaches that integrate high-resolution field and laboratory data acquisition with numerical and physical modelling.
Our main research priorities include:
- geomorphic processes in aeolian, coastal, fluvial and shallow marine, glacial and periglacial environments
- changes in environmental systems in response to climate change, in fluvial, glacial and coastal environments
- the effects of extreme events on society, including catchment management, flooding, coastal changes and ecosystem responses
- reconstructing climate change during the quaternary (Europe, the Americas, Arctic and South Pacific
- understanding the process, timing and forcing of human migration into the tropical South Pacific
- exploring what makes small islands vulnerable to multiple hazards