Web and Internet Science
Our work examines the Web and the platforms it facilitates, in order to understand its technical, economic and societal impact.
We develop innovative software tools and contribute to technical standards that enhance the future Web architecture.
WAIS brings together expertise in:
- data science
- human accessibility of information
- semantic web-linked and open data
- hypertext communication and narratives
- social networks
- educational systems
- social machines and crowdsourcing
- the Internet of Things and cyber-physical systems
- information provenance
- open access, open science and open systems
We are part of several global education, research, and enterprise networks. We engage with the wider community to address some of the greatest economic and societal challenges facing the World Wide Web today. These include the:
Get in touch. We're happy to answer your questions.