About the Field equipment
Our geography and environmental science students use field equipment to analyse the natural world. Depending on the modules you choose, you'll have access to an array of tools to collect data for your studies.
Types of equipment
Our field equipment allows you to analyse and understand conditions in the atmosphere, hydrosphere, biosphere and geosphere, and includes:
- small uncrewed aircraft (drones)
- industry standard surveying equipment
- river flow measurement devices
- sensors for atmospheric measurements
- sensors for measuring water quality
- equipment for taking sediment samples
- sampling equipment for vegetation, and invertebrates
We also have cameras and dictaphones so you can record interviews and environmental conditions. Our safety equipment allows you to work in a range of locations.