To be eligible for a scholarship you must:
- be an international student
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer from Southampton
- be studying on an undergraduate or postgraduate programme in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Required to pay the overseas tuition fee
You must not be in receipt of any external scholarship.
Deadline to apply
Deadlines are now the same for undergraduates and postgraduates.
You can apply from w/c 23 October 2023 until 5pm (UK time) on 15 April 2024. We will contact you:
- by 3 June 2024 at the latest if your application is successful
- after 4 June 2024 if your application is not successful
We cannot accept late applications. If your application is successful, you will receive confirmation in an email with an attached letter.
All scholarship offers are final.
How we award scholarships
This is a competitive process and not all applications will be successful.
There are 4 stages to the shortlisting process.
- We check that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- We score your academic record and qualifications on your UCAS form or PGT application form.
- We shortlist candidates across all departments to recognise academic excellence in all areas.
- A selection panel will decide on who gets the scholarships.
The decision of the scholarship panel is final.
Conditions of getting the scholarship
Find out the conditions of getting a scholarship.
How to apply
In the application form, you will need to provide your personal details and the name of the course you will study. You will also need to answer 2 questions.
- What are your career aspirations and how do you plan on achieving those goals? (500 words maximum word count).
- As a Southampton Chemistry International scholar how might you act as an ambassador for the University? (200 words maximum word count).
For more information or for help, email firstname.lastname@example.org.