The University of Southampton
University life

Apply for halls

Please select the year that you wish to apply for accommodation for. If you are unsure of which year to select please read our guidance below.


New students starting in 2017

You will be able to apply for accommodation for the 2017/18 academic year from March. Please check for more information at that time.


Continuing students applying for 2017/18

Applications are now open for continuing students to apply for the next academic year, please click the "2017/18" button above to apply. Applications for continuing students will close on the 1st of February 2017.

Current students

If you are on a course that requires you to stay longer than the standard 40 week contract you will need you need to apply for an extension - please apply for the current academic year. Applications for contract extensions will open in March.

Pre-sessional students

You should apply for halls for the current academic year for your pre-sessional course. When you continue onto your main degree course you will need to apply for halls for the next academic year.

Visiting and exchange students

If you are coming to the University in 2016/17 you should apply for accommodation for the current academic year.

Disability and medical support

We provide specially adapted accommodation to suit students with disabilities and medical requirements where possible. Before you start your application for accommodation please contact Enabling Services who will be able provide guidance and who will work closely with us to meet your needs.

Useful Downloads

Need the software?PDF Reader
Terms and ConditionsHalls contract

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive cookies on the University of Southampton website.