Skip to main navigationSkip to main content
The University of Southampton
Enabling ServicesPart of Student Services

Accommodation Adaptations

The University provides a range of accessible and adapted rooms for students with disabilities, including some with specific equipment and fixtures, based upon individual requirements. 

Students in a Halls of Residence kitchen

If you think you might need an adaptation to your room in halls, please discuss your needs with the Residences team and with us before you apply to University.

You will need to provide details of your needs on your accommodation application form. Additionally, you will also be required to provide medical or appropriate evidence to us to support your application.


Need help deciding? 

To browse the full range of halls accommodation, visit the Student Accommodation web pages.

To find out more about the accessibility arrangements that are available at our halls of residence, visit the AccessAble website.

Need an adaptation made to your current halls?

If you are already living in halls and think that an adjustment would benefit you, please contact us.

Going into your second year? 

If you have a disability and you would like to stay living in halls past your first year it is possible that a room can be allocated to you. Contact us to discuss this further.

Students outside Glen Eyre Halls


Contact Residences if you have any questions about student accommodation, or if you need support or advice.

Contact Residences
Meeting with Enabling Services

Enabling Services

Contact Enabling Services to discuss accommodation adaptations as well as other reasonable adjustments.

Contact Enabling Services
Privacy Settings