- AI Automation
- Social Media
- Entrepreneurship & Strategy
- Organizational Dynamics & Behavior
Current PhD Students
External roles and responsibilities
Tahir's papers have been published in leading scientific journals, such as Journal of Corporate Finance, Small Business Economics, Journal of Retailing, Information Technology and People, and Computers in Human Behavior. He has written a book on ‘Smartphones and App Implementations for Improving Productivity’. His book, ‘Investor Engagement: Investors and Management Practice under Shareholder Value’, co-authored with Roderick Martin and Peter Casson (Oxford University Press, 2007), has been widely acclaimed as one of the best books written on capitalist economic systems. His research has won him numerous awards, including a Whitehall Fellowship (HM Treasury, Inland Revenues), ISPI Award of Excellence for Handbook of Improving Performance in the Workplace, and Highly Commended Paper Award, presented by Emerald Publishers. The Advertising Foundation USA and Journal of Advertising Research awarded his paper on ‘Attribution Modeling’ the 2018 Best Finalist Paper Award. His paper on ‘Twitter as a Tool for Forecasting Stock Market Movements: A Short-window Event Study’ is the most downloaded paper from the Journal's website.
He is a founding member of the ESRC National Center for Research Methods, and previously worked for the United Nation Economic and Social Council, New York on revised National Accounts Systems. He has led several research projects awarded by both national and international bodies, such as the ESRC, EPSRC and UK Innovation (KTP knowledge transfer partnership project). He regularly contributes to international academic conferences and workshops in areas such as governance, strategy and finance.
- Stanford 2% Global Scientist Citation Rankings (2021)
- Awarded the 2018 Finalist Best Paper Award, Attribution Modeling and Digital Advertising: An Empirical Study, Journal of Advertising Research, The Advertising Foundation USA & JAR (2018)
- ISPI Award of Excellence for Handbook of Improving Performance in the Workplace (Chapter on “Employee and Executive Compensation”) http://www.performancexpress.org/2011/03/ispi-recognizes-excellence-in-the-field-of-hpt/ (2011)
- Highly Commended Award, presented by Emerald Publishers on “Performance Effects of Venture Capital Firm Networks,” published in Management Decision (with P Abell), *Guest Editor, Management Decision, special issue on The Influence of Finance... (2008)
- Whitehall Placement Fellowship, Inland Revenue, HM Treasury, UK (2002)