About the Thermosense laboratory
ThermosenseLab is a purpose-built laboratory designed for researching how the body responds to thermal environments.
We evaluate the biophysical and physiological mechanisms that allow humans to:
- regulate their body temperature
- temperature and wetness of their skin
- adapt their thermal behaviour
Our state-of-the art facilities allow us to study these mechanisms under different conditions, such as when the body is at rest, during exercise and under heat or cold stress.
We have a climatic chamber within the Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Facility (WTCRF). This provides accurate control of ambient temperature and humidity, allowing us to simulate hot, cold, and humid environments.
An important part of our research is investigating people affected by temperature-sensitive pathologies. This includes diseases such as multiple sclerosis.
We offer a variety of enterprise and consultancy services that can be tailored to the specific needs of your business.
- human participants testing of products and wearables
- bench testing of devices' performance
- quantitative sensory testing of consumers' behaviour and preference
- evidence synthesis and literature reviews on selected topics
Part of: ThermosenseLab