Core Research Themes:
- Empirical Corporate Finance: firm efficiency and performance, equity finance, IPOs, corporate governance, behavioural finance, dividend policy, capital structure, corporate bonds.
- Empirical Banking: Bank productivity, efficiency, and performance, bank risk management, bank competition and regulation, syndicated lending, bank corporate governance, bank globalisation.
- Empirical Asset Pricing: portfolio management and analysis, asset price volatility, option pricing, stock returns and predictability, stock price synchronisation, stock market internationalisation.
- Quantitative finance and banking (applications): Financial economics and econometrics, implications of heterogeneous distributions and long-memory in testing market efficiency and modelling dynamic interdependence.
Cross-Disciplinary Research Themes:
When an opportunity arises, members of CERFIB also engage in research into the following broad cross-disciplinary research themes.
- Real Effects of Finance and Banking: Explore the effects of the finance and banking sector on real economic and social outcomes, such as SMEs access to finance, entrepreneurship, innovation, poverty, inequality and life satisfaction.
- Ethical and Sustainable Finance and Investments: green investments, environmental finance, microfinance, Islamic banking and finance, corporate social responsibility and finance, climate change and finance.