At the Centre for Healthcare Analytics, we specialise in connecting across a broad range of specialisms in order to generate positive real-world impact and innovative research.
World Health Organization/Institute for Health Systems Research (IHSR), Ministry Of Health Malaysia - Workshop: “Applications Of Simulation And Modelling Methods In Health Systems Research”
A series of virtual training and support performed between October 2020 and April 2021 including workshops and teaching on computational modelling and simulation methods for health systems research. The work on the capacity building of modelling methods for health systems research required:
- Preparatory work and technical support by emails, video conferencing, meetings and discussions.
- Conduct workshops and facilitate discussions for researchers, policymakers, academicians and other relevant stakeholders. All materials and workshops were recorded by IHSR for future reference.
THE Pre-hospital Research ANd Audit network (PRANA), is a multi-disciplinary project that aims to enable improvements in pre-hospital critical care. Benefits are anticipated to be realised locally, regionally, nationally and internationally. They include:
- Improved understanding of pre-hospital disease
- Improved diagnosis and treatments of pre-hospital disease
- Improvements in patient safety
- Planning of future pre-hospital services
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of health policy within pre-hospital care
- Identification of targets for disease prevention initiatives and policy.
PRANA brings together expertise from the University of Southampton’s Clinical Informatics Research Unit, clinical colleagues in the NHS and wider pre-hospital critical care community and other national stakeholders. As part of this PRANA has engaged with:
- The Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care
- National Association of Ambulance Service Medical Directors (NASMED)
- Intercollegiate board for training in pre-hospital emergency medicine (IBTPHEM)
- Air Ambulances UK (AAUK)
- Health Quality Improvement Partnership (HQIP)
- Paediatric intensive Care Audit and Research Network (PICANet)
- Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre (ICNARC)
- National Pre-hospital research and audit forum (NHRAF)
- NHS Digital Ambulance Dataset Project
Fairness aware time-to-event modelling for Acute Medical Unit (AMU) readmission. This project applies machine learning (ML) techniques to the Acute Medical setting in order to better understand and predict the likelihood of patients readmitting.
Early lung cancer testing. The Centre is supporting colleagues from the Centre for Operational Research, Management Sciences and Information Systems (CORMSIS) to undertake a clinical evaluation of an early lung cancer blood test study on behalf of Eastern Academic Health Science Network.
International Blast Injury Research Network. The Centre participates with colleagues from Centre for Operational Research, Management Sciences and Information Systems (CORMSIS) to deepen the understanding of the effects of Explosive Weapons in Populated Areas (EWIPA).