I have wide ranging interests in social and political philosophy as well as in ethics and aesthetics.
- 1) Post-Kantian social and political philosophy from Nietzsche to Foucault, and the Frankfurt School.
- 2) The Ethics and Politics of Migration
- 3) Democratic Theory and Practice
- 4) Ethics, Morality and Culture.
1) Nietzsche as a social and political thinker.
2) A political theory of global migration governance.
3) Displacement, health and gender.
1) History of Political Thought
2) Ethics and Politics of Migration
3) European social and political philosophy
4) Critics of Empire: Radical Thinkers of the Global South
6) Philosophy of Social Science
External roles and responsibilities
I was brought up in Africa, the UK, and South East Asia. I undertook both my undergraduate and postgraduates degrees at the University of Durham. I have taught at the University of Southampton since 1995 and also been visiting professor at the JW Goethe University, Frankfurt a/M, and at the Institute of Advanced Study, Princeton.