For the purposes of this section of te Regulations the following terms shall have the meanings specified.
The term 'Personal Details' includes:
- Permanent address
- Term-time address
- Any other address
- Telephone number
- Mobile telephone number
- Email address
- University of Southampton email address
- Personal email address
- Last name
- First name
- Middle name
- Preferred first name
- Legal name if different from above
Headings are inserted for convenience only and shall be ignored in interpreting the terms of
2. Provision of personal details
2.1 Every student must provide the University with their Personal Details when they enrol in accordance with the Enrolment Policy.
2.2 Every student must update their Personal Details in the Student Records Self-Service System if there are any permanent or temporary changes and ensure that these records are kept up to date.
2.3 Every student must check that their name is correctly detailed on the Student Records Self Service System before their award is granted.
2.4 Students must present formal identification to their Faculty Office if their Legal Name needs to be changed.
2.5 The University of Southampton will not re-issue degree certification unless there has been an error attributable to the University or the student has had their gender re-assigned (see Student and Academic Administration: Certificates for more details).
3. Penalties for failure to provide personal details
3.1 In the event that a student fails to provide and/or update their Personal Details, the University reserves the right to:
- remove visa sponsorship in accordance with the regulations relating to students sponsored by the university under tier 4 of the points based system
- impose financial penalties for re-issue of any documentation or communication caused by incorrect personal details
- take action under the regulations relating to student discipline
Reviewed in July 2017; no changes made
Reviewed in July 2018; no changes made
Reviewed in December 2020; note regarding Student via added.