Southampton Marine and Maritime Institute
Discover how we can support your organisation through our facilities and academic expertise.
Marine and maritime services
We offer a range of services to support the local, national and international maritime economy.
We can provide facilities and expertise to help you in the following areas:
- safety, risk and regulation
- impact, culture and heritage
- environment modelling and mapping
- big data and cyber-security
- vessel design and performance
- tourism, ports and logistics
- robotics and autonomous systems
- energy and resources
- materials, structures and testing
Facility and equipment hire
We have dozens of laboratories, testing facilities and other equipment available for commercial hire.
- towing tank
- coral reef laboratory
- research vessels
- wind tunnels
- research aquarium
- maritime robotics lab
- testing and structures lab
Our academic experts are active in research across a wide range of disciplines.
We can offer help and advice in areas such as:
- marine corrosion and erosion
- maritime law, history and archaeology
- propulsion materials
Knowledge transfer partnerships
A knowledge transfer partnership involves the placement of a high-quality graduate into your business, with the support of an academic expert and university facilities. This will help boost your business's profitability.
Costs are covered by up to 67% grant funding.
Get in touch. We're happy to answer your questions.
Southampton Marine and Maritime Institute, Boldrewood Innovation Campus, Southampton, SO16 7QF