I am an Assistant Professor (Lecturer) of Computer Science in the Agents, Interaction and Complexity (AIC) research group in the Department of Electronics and Computer Science at the University of Southampton, and a Visiting Lecturer at the University of Twente.
I received my PhD from the University of Twente on the application of multiagent techniques for implementing circular economy practices (2015 - 2019) and did my Master in Artificial Intelligence at Utrecht University (2013 - 2015). I also hold a Master degree in Business Administration (MBA) from University of Greenwich in a joint program with Saxion UAS (2011 - 2012).
A list of my publications is available at ORCID, DBLP, and Google Scholar.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ada Lovelace (Scholarship) Coordinator
- ECS EDI Committee
- Advisory Board for the UKRI project on Computational Agent Responsibility
- Organising Committee of AAMAS 2023
My focus is on intelligent agent technologies, decision support concepts, and formal methods for multiagent systems. In particular, modeling the behavior of multiagent systems and logical frameworks to represent and reason about decision processes in multiagent settings. The following points characterize my general research interests:
- Agent-based computing
- Logics for multiagent systems
- Strategic decision making and game theoretic approaches
- Temporal representation and reasoning
- Virtual organizations/institutions
- Group responsibility and related socio-technical concepts
- Co-Investigator at ARGOS (AI-assisted Resilience Governance Systems)
- Research Fellow at AutoTrust (Human Centered Internet of Vehicles)
- Research Fellow at TAS Hub (UKRI Trustworthy Autonomous Systems Hub)
- Research Collaborator at CCAIS (Citizen-Centric AI Systems)
- PhD Researcher at SHAREBOX (Innovative Technologies for Circular Economy)
From July to October 2019, I was an academic visitor at Imperial College London, visiting Prof. Nick Jennings.
Program Committee Member:
- The International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-2021, 2022)
- The 20th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS-2021)
- The AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- The European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI-2020, 2022)
- Journal of Artificial Intelligence (Elsevier)
- Communications of the ACM
- AI & Society (Springer)
- Annals of Operations Research (Springer)
- International Journal of Production Economics (Elsevier)
- EUMAS - European Conference on Multiagent Systems
- MATES - German Conference on Multiagent Systems
- BNAIC - Benelux Conference on Artificial Intelligence
Special Mention at the Blue Sky Ideas track of AAMAS 2021 (20th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems) for "Responsibility Research for Trustworthy Autonomous Systems" (joint work with Enrico Gerding, Sebastian Stein, Mehdi Dastani, Catholijn Jonker and Tim Norman).
Best Abstract at the 2021 Rabb Symposium on Embedding AI in Society for "Responsibility Ascription in Trustworthy Autonomous Systems" (joint work with Enrico Gerding, Sebastian Stein, Mehdi Dastani, Catholijn Jonker, Tim Norman and Gopal Ramchurn).
Best paper award of PRIMA 2016 (19th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems) for “Distant Group Responsibility in Multi-Agent Systems” (joint work with Mehdi Dastani).
Current PhD Students
University of Southampton:
- 2021- : COMP2211 (Software Engineering Group Project)
- 2021- : COMP3200 (Part III Individual Project)
University of Twente (The Netherlands):
- 2016-2021: Multiagent Systems
- 2017-2020: Sustainable Business Development
- 2018-2020: Bioresource Supply Chain Management
- Best Abstract Spotlight (2021)
- Blue Sky Ideas Award (Special Mention) at the 20th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS-2021) (2021)