What is Clearing?
Clearing is another opportunity to find the course that's right for you.
If we have places available for the course you're interested in and you can meet our requirements, you might be able to make an application with us.
Who can apply
You’ll be able to apply for a place with us if:
- you’ve received your results (and, if appropriate, your English Language test results)
- you've not yet applied to any universities in this cycle
- you've achieved higher grades than expected
- your exam results are not as good as predicted for your original firm/insurance choice university, and you have been rejected by both choices
We cannot make any conditional offers in Clearing, so if you don’t have all your results, you’ll need to wait until they are available.
Every applicant holding a firm or insurance offer with Southampton will receive an email. It will explain whether we can confirm your place or not. Check your email account, including your spam folder.
You can also check the status of your offer on UCAS Hub. If you still have other conditions outstanding, the Hub will continue to show your offer as conditional.
How to apply
Clearing 2023 is now closed. If we're in Clearing for 2024, however, you'll likely be able to apply by:
- exploring our available courses on our vacancies list
- selecting apply on your chosen course, and filling out our online application form
- calling our Clearing hotline number
You'll be able to see the courses that are available in Clearing by searching our listing. You'll be able to filter for a course by name, award or UCAS code.
Our listing shows if we do, or do not, have spaces available on your chosen course. If there are no spaces in Clearing, we will not be considering any further applications this year.
We do not operate any waiting lists for our courses.