Application process questions
What is the Clearing telephone number and what are the opening times?
Monday 5 July 2021
Clearing is open. Our Clearing and Adjustment course vacancy list is live. If you already have your results you can apply now. Call us on:
- UK applicants: +44 (0)23 8059 9699
UK phone lines are open from 9am to 5pm UK time, Monday to Friday.
- International applicants: +44 (0)23 8212 5646
International phone lines are currently open from 8am to 6pm UK time, Monday to Friday with extra availability at busy times. Check the international Clearing page for full details of extended opening hours.
Tuesday 10 August 2021
Main results date.
- From 8:30am you'll be able to fill in the application form. There'll be an 'apply' button next to the course you're interested in on the vacancy list.
- From 8:30am our phone lines will open. We'll confirm the phone number here nearer the time.
We treat online and phone applications in the same way. Whichever method you choose you'll have the same response time from our team.
Learn more about the application timeline on our How Clearing works page.
Will the university Clearing process be affected by COVID-19?
To find out more about how the Clearing process might differ during the pandemic, visit the official UCAS coronavirus information hub.
Do I need to apply through UCAS, or can I apply directly through the University of Southampton?
If you have your results, contact us to find out if we can make you an offer. If we can, you'll need to refer yourself to Southampton via UCAS Track (or apply via UCAS Clearing if you have not yet applied to UCAS).
What information do I need when I call you?
You'll need to tell us:
- your name
- your UCAS 10 digit identification number (if you've already made any application through UCAS for 2021 entry)
- your results (which may include relevant GCSE, or equivalent, results)
- the subject area or course you're interested in
How do I get released into Clearing?
Being released into Clearing means you'll be giving up your place at Southampton.
Before you do this, please make sure you've got an offer in principle from another university or college. We may not be able to accept you if change your mind and want your old place back.
Once you’re sure you want to be released, sign into UCAS Track, choose 'Decline my place', then follow the on-screen prompts.
What is my Southampton student ID number?
You'll receive your ID number as part of your formal offer, after we've confirmed your place through UCAS. You'll need it to apply for accommodation and to formally enrol with the University.