Efstratios (Stratis) Batzelis is an “Engineering for Development” Research Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering (RAEng) and has been a Lecturer at ECS since Apr 2021. Prior to that post, Stratis was a Research Fellow at Imperial College London since Nov 2019 and before that he held an EU Marie-Curie individual fellowship on photovoltaic control & integration from Nov 2017. He obtained his PhD degree from the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Greece in 2016.
Stratis is an experienced researcher with many IEEE publications and a funding track record of more than £1.6 million. He is a Senior IEEE member, a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and an Associate Editor in IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy. He is an advocate of sustainable energy and the fight against climate change. His research interests involve renewable energy technologies and distributed energy resources, mainly solar photovoltaics and inverter-based generation, power electronics control and power system stability.
- Solar photovoltaic (PV) systems design, modeling, control and integration to the power systemRenewable Energy Resources (RES)Electrification and energy access in developing countriesIntergation of Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) to the power systemControl of power electronics and Inverter-based resources (IBRs)Power system stability
- EU Horizon 2020 Innovation Action: RE-EMPOWERED – Renewable Energy EMPOWERing European and InDian communities, Co-I, £446K, 2021-2024
- RAEng research fellowship: SOL-DEV – Addressing the SOLar Integration Challenges in DEVeloping Countries, PI, £964K, 2019-2024
- EU Marie-Curie individual fellowship: PVCI – PhotoVoltaic Control & Integration, Research Fellow, £157K, 2017-2019
- IKY/Siemens postdoctoral fellowship: PV systems: Modern challenges, Research Fellow, £4K, 2016-2017