We aim to influence policy, practice and research methodology across a range of educational contexts and sectors. This includes schools, further education and higher education.
With the support of government agencies, charities and research councils, we have had leading roles in advising policy-makers across the world.
LEEP's main research interests are:
- educational effectiveness
- management, leadership and improvement
- employment policy, lifelong learning and the labour market
- teacher training and teacher effectiveness
- equity, equality and competition
Our research is informed by our focus on:
- advanced quantitative methods
- qualitative approaches, including case-studies of educational organisations
- social network analysis
- randomised control trials
- conceptual testing
Members perform roles including journal editing, serving on editorial boards and taking leadership roles within the academic community.