Miriam Santer is a GP at Denmark Road Medical Centre in Bournemouth and a Professor of Primary Care Research in the Faculty of Medicine.
Her research focus is on supporting self-management for long-term conditions, including programmes of research on eczema and acne.
Professor Santer co-leads NIHR HTA-funded SAFA (Spironolactone for Adult Female Acne), which is a randomised trial of spironolactone vs placebo for the treatment of acne in women.
Other research interests include NIHR HTA-funded BEE trial (Best Emollient for Eczema), TIGER (Trial of Eczema allergy Screening Tests) and COAT (cellulitis) trials.
Please visit the Primary Care Research Centre website to view our research themes and projects.
- Self-management of long-term conditions
- Primary Care Dermatology - particularly eczema and acne
- Mixed methods
Current PhD Students
- BM 3rd Year research projects in Primary Care
- Critical appraisal teaching
- Long term conditions seminar on eczema
- Medical student selection interviewer
- Royal College of General Practitioners Research Paper of the Year 2018 (2019)