- Self-management of long-term conditions
- Primary Care Dermatology - particularly eczema and acne
- Mixed methods
- BM 3rd Year research projects in Primary Care
- Critical appraisal teaching
- Long term conditions seminar on eczema
- Medical student selection interviewer
Miriam Santer is a GP at Denmark Road Medical Centre in Bournemouth and a Professor of Primary Care Research in the Faculty of Medicine.
Her research focus is on supporting self-management for long-term conditions, including programmes of research on eczema and acne.
Professor Santer co-leads NIHR HTA-funded SAFA (Spironolactone for Adult Female Acne), which is a randomised trial of spironolactone vs placebo for the treatment of acne in women.
Other research interests include NIHR HTA-funded BEE trial (Best Emollient for Eczema) and TIGER (Trial of Eczema allergy Screening Tests) COAT (cellulitis) trials
- Royal College of General Practitioners Research Paper of the Year 2018 (2019)